Antony is a Yoga Alliance accredited teacher, trained under the world famous Guru, Lance Schuler from Australia. Before that, Antony has wide exposure in various forms of yoga including Ashtanga, Vinyasa and Power yoga at various yoga centres in Malaysia. Due to his passion to deepen his knowledge and true insight into the values and benefits of yoga, Antony began his journey in March 2008 to Rishikesh and Uttrakhand in India, the world-renowned cities for yoga practice. During his duration of stay in India, Antony had trained extensively under the direct guidance of a few famous Gurus including Rajiv (Iyengar), Swami Yoganandaji (classical Hatha Yoga) and Yogacharya Hirday Chauhan (classical Hatha Yoga) who have inspired him a lot on the true values of yoga.
Upon his return from India, Antony eventually started to blend the best methods of Classical Hatha, Ashtanga Yoga and Iyengar Yoga into his unique form of practising and teaching of yoga suitable for all levels of students. He blends in the best of both worlds, i.e. the East (Traditional/ Classical) and the West (scientific understanding of anatomy and physiology of the human body).
He is also able to strike a balance in his teaching and practice, between the gentle, but effective methods and the fast moving, dynamic and vigorous forms of yoga.
• Yoga Alliance, RYT 200 certification, by INSPYA Australia’s certified teacher Lance Schuler (2006)
• Classical Hatha Yoga with Yogacharya Hirday Chauhan under the guidance of Sri B-Prakash Yogi in Rishikesh, India (2008 Spring)
• Classical Hatha Yoga under the guidance of Swammi Yoganandaji in Rishikesh, India (2008 Spring)
• Iyengar Yoga with renowned Iyengar Yoga Guru, Rajiv in Uttarakhand, India (2008 Spring)
• Seven (7) Master Classes with Karin O'Bannon (Senior Iyengar Teacher) in “All About Women in Yoga” : addresses the problems and practice of yoga for women in all the distinct stages of our lives, from menstruation, prenatal and post-natal, pre-menopausal and post menopausal (2009)
Antony has also attended classes and workshops conducted by many prominent teachers including Simon Borg Olivier, Duncan Wong, Edward Clarke and several others. In the pipeline, we are reviewing and also welcome dedicated teachers, with passion to share, to join us in this small family.